Tom Kiser, Founder & CEO
“When coaching on the football field, players show up with beliefs the sum of which we call attitude. Coaching isn’t just about providing information, it’s about changing beliefs about what’s possible – attitude is what wins the game.”
Tom Kiser, the CEO and founder of Professional Supply, Inc. (PSI) — now known as World Energy Innovations — has been on a mission to change how the world thinks about energy use. He finds innovative ways to balance man’s energy needs with preserving the environment.
Kiser turned down an NFL contract to play football for the Washington Redskins to pursue his passion for energy innovation. He founded PSI to put his vision for energy efficiency into practice. For more than 30 years, the company has developed groundbreaking technologies and energy efficiency concepts to dramatically reduce energy costs and carbon footprints across business sectors.
As a longtime football coach, Kiser desires to share his knowledge and experience. Great coaches know how to work from the sideline, ensuring those on the field can win. Kiser regularly serves as an energy consultant and speaker at forums around the world.
Known as “America’s Energy Coach” Kiser coaches his brand of energy innovation in numerous ways as:
- An invited professor of Practice in Sustainable Energy at Arizona State University to develop an interdisciplinary energy curriculum
- A board member of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
- An advisory board member to the H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics and the Environment
- A member of the Joint Board of Counselors for the China-U.S. Center for Sustainable Development
- The first foreign senior advisor to the Shanghai Municipal Economic Commission, leading an initiative to create sustainable energy efficiency demonstration projects in Shanghai.
Kiser earned a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from St. Louis University. He lives in Fremont, Ohio, with his wife. They have three sons, a daughter and eight grandchildren.